Thank you for choosing to join the Wangaratta 4×4 Club. Four Wheel Driving is an activity which enables us to experience and enjoy our country with scenery from the magical remoteness of the deserts to the breathtaking views of the High Country. We rely on skills not commonly used in our daily routine to enable us to access these areas and successfully pursue this activity. Travelling together as a club helps us to provide safety and security to all in the form of shared responsibility and experience, as well as the fun of travelling and camping together. There is always great camaraderie amongst members.
One of the many benefits of involvement in the club is the ability to participate in the many opportunities provided for training and experience. We encourage all members to practise and improve their skills in all facets of four wheel driving.
Membership of the club is not restricted to any particular make or type of four wheel drive vehicle. Wangaratta 4×4 Club offers various standards of trips to cater for all interests.
If you have any questions or queries your first point of contact is always your committee. Contact details can be found on this website (Contact Us) and in the Club’s monthly Newsletter (Track Torque) also accessed on this website.
Four Wheel Driving is an activity which enables us to experience and enjoy our country, with scenery from the magical remoteness of the deserts to the breathtaking views of the High Country. Travelling together as a Club helps us to provide safety and security to all in the form of shared responsibility and experience, as well as the fun of travelling and camping together.
- Safe group trips with responsible and experienced trip leaders
- Meeting people with similar interests
- Driver Education
- Monthly Meetings
- Guest Speakers
- Monthly Club Magazine
- Family Social Activities
- Environmental Education
- Involvement in Community Service
- Discounts on Equipment and Accessories
- Insurance at reduced rates (Club has liability insurance arranged through Four Wheel Drive Victoria Inc.. The policy conditions require guests/visitors on club trips to pay an insurance levy)
From the Club’s By-Laws (#5 & #6.9)
- A PROSPECTIVE MEMBER must attend a minimum of two club general meetings and 1 trip before an application for membership is considered by the committee. Note#1: All Guests on trips must fill in a Personal Details Form and keep it in the glovebox. They also must fill-in a Temporary Members/Guest Trip Participant Form and pay a 4WD Victoria insurance levy of $15.00 which ensures they are covered by the club’s public liability and personal accident insurance. Note#2: The $15 00 levy covers the “guest’s immediate family only i.e. spouse and children” (By-Law 6.9)
- TEMPORARY MEMBERS / VISITORS may attend a maximum of three club meetings or club trips then must apply for club membership.
- PROPORTIONATE FEES of 50% of the annual subscription will be charged for new members joining the club between 1 January and 30 June.
- Members expecting to be absent from the Club for twelve months or more, may apply to the Committee for leave of absence; their membership fees shall then be waived until their return when they may resume full membership.
Four Wheel Drive Victoria
Wangaratta 4×4 Club is affiliated with FWD Victoria. FWD Victoria’s bi-monthly magazine, TrackWatch, is provided to all members. The club affiliation fee, which each member pays a portion of, also includes insurance cover for members i.e. Public & Property Liability, Personal Accident and Association Liability (click Here for more information)
FWD Victoria liaises with government agencies, motoring clubs and state and national associations to keep tracks open. It provides benchmark training standards.
FWD Victoria also co-ordinates relief activities after events such as the Victorian bushfires. Work parties were coordinated to help farmers rebuild fences, open tracks and move feed and stock about.