Between Saturday Feb 28th (9am-5pm) and Sunday March 1st (9am-3pm) the club will again be involved in the 2015 Travel & Cruise Wangaratta Outdoor Leisure Show to be held at Apex Park Wangaratta.
This event is our Club’s most important annual “meet the public” event and “new membership drive”.
For this to be a success we need your involvement – the show has been moved forward from the Australia Day long weekend (always a real hot day) to the end of Feb, so more people can attend.
Simon Christie – 4WD TV will again be the main drawer card together with the tough rigs from the Trail Track 4WD Club – Albury. Simon has asked personally if the Wang 4WD club can again back him up at the show.
- We will need 6 members to set up early on the Sat morning. Event times are: Saturday Feb 28th (9am-5pm) and Sunday March 1st (9am-3pm).
- We will need the trailer picked up before (maybe the day before) the event and dropped back off on Sunday afternoon (best to check with Graham Martins availability in Myrtleford)
- We will need 4-6 members to pack up on Sunday afternoon. It will only take half an hour with that number.
- We will need 3 or 4 vehicles and drivers to take attendees around the track (will need to work this in with Simon Christie) and MOST IMPORTANTLY – we will need to have 4 or so members available to talk with interested attendees at all times.
- The set up and close down guys can just do that if they wish/can – I know some have limited times so early and late may be good for you.
- Some will want to stay all day others for half a day – some one day only and some both days.
- We’d like a 4WD fridge for the weekend to keep the drinks cold and someone to pick up a slab or 2 of water from KMart – you will get reimbursed off course.
- If you’ve got a couple of extra camp seats bring them along – we’ll have tables in the trailer to use.
- We will need some one responsible for pens and paper/folders for inquiries together with club brochures, membership forms and some club magazines and a bit of 4WD Vic stuff.
- We will take memberships on the day, so a receipt book and a safe pocket will be required to keep the subs safe.
- We’ve got a list of interested members on our facebook page and a couple that have contacted me personally – BUT we need you too.
- I would love to see you allocate yourselves to one of the times/jobs mentioned or you can commit on the facebook page – but it needs to be done pronto.
- Needless to say its free entry for those working and I think free breaky for the early birds.
- Proudly wear your club uniform and/or name badge if you have one and of course come with many positive stories to share.
- This is not just a boys event ladies we really need you too. I’ve found that potential new family memberships are first talked about with the lady of the house, the guys seem a bit embarrassed to come forward initially.
- This is a family club and we treasure our club families involvement.
We need you!
Can you please contact me either by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: 0412 999 997 or Home: (03) 5721 9040 and let me know the time/s you are available.
This is a club effort and I am coordinating it as a general club member.
I await your response. I would really appreciate your assistance.
David Jackson (co-ordinator)
PS — Click [HERE] to view photos of 2014 Wangaratta Leisurefest